Ease of preparation
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 pound (454 g) halibut, cut into cubes or strips
- 1 pound (454 g) shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 pounds (907 g) little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) palm oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- ½ Thai chili, sliced
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) cane sugar
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cassava flour
- 14 ounces (415 ml) seafood stock
- 14 ounces (415 ml) coconut milk
- 14 ounces (415 ml) tomato puree
- 4 lasagna noodles, fresh
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) ricotta
- 2 cups (480 ml) grated scamorza cheese (substitute with mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Palm oil
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Freshly-grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add halibut and sear. Remove to a plate.
- Add shrimp to pan and sear. Remove to a plate. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Flake fish. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Add clams and boil for 7 minutes. Remove to an ice bath. Remove clam meat from shells. Set aside.
- Add palm oil to the skillet. Add onions and garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and chili pepper and cook 5-6 minutes. Add cane sugar, cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder and stir in. Add butter and cassava flour, stir well, then cook 2-3 minutes. Add stock, coconut milk, and tomato puree and stir in. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove noodles, then put in an ice bath to stop cooking. Remove from ice bath and pat dry with a paper towel. Spread ricotta on top of a noodle. Sprinkle scamorza on top. Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add cilantro and lime juice to the stock mixture. Add shrimp, halibut, and clams and stir in. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Place one end of the broiled lasagna noodle in the centre of a plate with the cheese side up. Ladle some of the fish mixture on top. Fold the noodle over top of the fish mixture. Ladle more of the seafood mixture on top. Repeat 3 times, until the end of the noodle is on top with the cheese side up. Ladle seafood mixture on top to finish.
- Drizzle with palm oil, and garnish with chives, cilantro, and Parmesan.