This recipe for monkey bread is from Martha Bakes.
Monkey bread is, without a doubt, one of our favourite cakes. Aside from its lovely sweet taste, you can pull it apart, which makes it fun for friends and family to share. This is one cake that’s mastered the balance between fun and taste.
Makes one 10-inch Bundt cake
- 1 ¾ lbs yeast dough (If dough has been refrigerated, remove from refrigerator and let stand until it comes to room temperature.)
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for pan
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Generously grease one 10-inch Bundt pan with melted butter. Set Aside. In medium bowl, combine the light-brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar mixture into prepared Bundt pan.
- Cut dough into 1/2-inch pieces. Roll into balls. Coat in butter, then roll in nut mixture and place in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Once dough has doubled in size, place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto serving plate, and let cool 20 minutes more.