9 large bars
Ease of preparation
- 3 ½ cups (840 ml) salted pretzels
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (240 ml) melted butter + more if needed
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (480 ml) icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) custard powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) melted semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) melted butter
- Pretzel sticks, for decorating
To make crust
- Using a food processor, blitz pretzels to crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and shredded coconut to the pretzel crumbs and stir to combine. Drizzle melted butter over pretzel mixture and stir to combine.
- Tip mixture into a baking pan layered with parchment paper. Press evenly and firmly to get an even layer. Place in the refrigerator to set.
To make filling
- Cream butter with icing sugar, custard powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat until thick and fluffy. Spread filling over the crust and spread evenly.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
To make topping
- Mix chocolate with butter.
- Spread melted chocolate and butter mixture over the filling and smooth into an even layer. Decorate bars with pretzel sticks.
- Chill until firm.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing chilled bars.