This recipe for whole roasted garlic is from Martha Stewart’s Cooking School.
Why is it that we cook with garlic all the time, but never cook just garlic? It’s time to let garlic have it’s moment in the spotlight–so get roasting!
- 2 heads garlic, papery outer skins discarded
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for storing
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut a thin (1/4-inch) slice from the top of each head of garlic; discard. Place garlic on a piece of parchment-lined foil.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly to enclose and place on a small baking sheet.
- Roast garlic until soft and golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. To store garlic, squeeze garlic cloves into an airtight container and add enough olive oil to cover. Keep refrigerated, up to 1 week.